“To ignite a fire within the Spirits of Women that will inspire transformation, healing, wholeness and greatness” is the mission. Go Get It! Women’s Empowerment Conference was hosted by LaShaun James and Whitney D. Smith. Their future goal for the conference is to be nationally recognized for empowering women to use their gifts and talents to develop into powerful, independent and spiritually focused women as God indented.
Women gathered at the second annual Go Get It! Women’s Empowerment conference with a beam of incitement early in the morning. Tha Brown Urban Mother Partnership CEO Cynthia Turnquest-Jones joined in on rich discussions on a variety of simultaneous content that women are facing in the world today. Greetings from LaShaun James and Whitney D. Smith opened the conference with an understanding of the level of distinction for the rest of the day.
A dynamic panel was put together to discuss “Becoming You, In Spite of Them”:
1. Neva Branch, founder of My Path to Peace, a certified life coach, published author, and professional speaker.
2. Priscilla Echi, entrepreneur, Philantropist, and activist that provides communication and support for several business ventures as well as her own. Owner of “The Social Butterfly Online”.
3. Dr. Minnette Francis-Haden, can be found in the Glaucoma Screening Mobile Unit during the summer at local, Urban health fairs. She is on a journey to inform others of her knowledge of the human body and how prevention can offset certain diseases.
4. Marquita Smith, she penned her first novel “P.S. Pray the Same for Me” which took her on an unexpected spiritual journey of truth.
5. Sheniece Wallace, owner of small business in the Bronx, specializing in photography and makeup service. She has dedicated her life to do the work of the Lord by using her spiritual gifts and natural talents.
6. Audrey Washington, founder and CEO of Fiercely Financial Coaching is a personal finance coach, speaker and the author of “Transform Your Money Mindset-Simple Steps for Financial Fitness.”
To sit in the room with the honorees Marcella Ferguson-Gay and Rahesha Harrison-Amon was gratifying. Marcella Ferguson-Gay is the founder and co-owner of Let’s Do Brunch, NYC a lifestyle brand that specializes in the empowerment of women and networking. She is also an educator in New York City since 2002 and is currently the Assistant Principal at Thurgood Marshall Academy located in Harlem. She has a strong commitment toward changing policies in education. Rahesha Harrison-Amon has been an educator for twenty three years. She is the founding principal of Frederick Douglass Academy III. Under her tenure as founding principal FDA III was noted in US News and World Report as one of America’s Best High Schools in both January 2010 and January 2014 issues. She is currently serving as the Superintendent of community school district 16 in Brooklyn, New York. She believes that a zip code shouldn’t make the difference in regards to a child receiving a sound education. In her spare time she gives her time generously to “Savannah’s Heartbeats” a foundation which supports newly diagnosed families. When her daughter Savannah was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes Rahesha decided to start the foundation.
Jannie Pilgrim is the CEO of “The Deal” that offers clients tools and strategies to educate, motivate and liberate themselves to successful outcomes through products and services such as coaching, books, workshops, events and a radio talk show. The first workshop “Succeeding In Spite of Obstacles” was lead by Jannie Pilgrim who conducting an interactive session focusing on what a person is creating: love, havocs, or connections. As Ms. Chu an international DJ was on the wheels of steel filling the conference with a selection of soulful music.
Various Vendors were Present:
1. Bel Fash owner Niesha McMillian. Fashion boutique. Contact 803.476.6969
2. Cupcake Cutie Boutique owners Miesha Stokely and Montika Jones. Specializing in homemade cupcakes, edible decor, cakes and dessert tables contact 914.530.5536
3. Happy Nappy & Stress Free authors Alrica Rickards & Janice Rivera contact 914.343.4664
4. Traveling Vineyard owner Michelle Daniels. Specializing in Wine tasting events & special occasions. Contact 646.872.1349
5. Travel with Sparkle owner Nadia Monique. Full service travel agency specializing in destinations around the world. Contact 914.563.6299
6. Yummble Bees, LLC owner Melissa Dennard. Natural & organic body products. Contact 862.253.2888
7. Fiercely Financial Coaching owner Audrey Washington. Financial Coaching. Contact 718.757.6755
While leaving gratitude was extended by LaShaun James and Whitney D. Smith with SWAGBAGS loaded with items provided by their sponsors. Women were ignited and inspired to continue holding the torch of greatness.
With Love ❤